Monday, August 11, 2014

Unbelted Champions Alternates, Pennsic 43

Made the unbelted champion's team for Pennsic this year. For those of you who don't know, it is a battle at Pennsic where a set number of Eastern champions (30 for this year) who are not members of the Order of Chivalry compete in a mass battle against an equal number of champions from the Midrealm. It counts for one war point.
I have made the team in the past, but this year (as last year) I was an alternate... part of the team, but not one of the "starting lineup". Last year, as I didn't get to fight the battle, I picked a fight with one of the Heroic Champions. This year, Sterling de la Rosa got us a fight with the Midrealm alternates. It went very well.... we fought it a couple of times, and did very well against them. We had a simple plan, and executed it well (and they cooperated with us executing it... :) )

I am disappointed that I didn't make the starting team... but there's next year. I have a couple of things to work on, so we'll see. There were a couple of "AhHa!" moments, so that, I think, will sort itself out. (more on those in another post)

I wouldn't have done anything really different this year... I am limited in the events I can make, travel distance being a big factor. I also do this for fun... so I am unwilling to let the chase become a stressful job. I like smacking folks with my axe. Those folks MAY be the midrealm unbelted champions... or, some other poor bastard.

Here's a link to one of the alternates fights from Youtube...
Pennsic 43 - Unbelted Champions Alternate Battle

No comments:

Post a Comment